Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Behold - the first post of "The First Half"


The official "first half" of my life will be completed in four years. Then, I'll be 40 but I don't care about the number as much as I do the quality of life I've lived so far. Maybe I'll luck out and live to be 100 and if that's the case... I'm alot further away from the middle than I thought. More time is always a good thing! The places I've been, the people I've met, the conversations I never wanted to end, and the ones I dreaded - have all impacted my life in some way. People I have loved, and lost, teachers for one semester, strangers in airports, the five friends I've known my entire life, and the 100 "friends" I have on facebook - each person in my life now, or before are all pieces of my own personal puzzle. A puzzle that is finally finished when death comes and that last corner piece is found! I think my first half hasn't been so bad. It's given me two beautiful sons - Cooper and Wyatt Henry, two college degrees, a happy home ... but I'm still longing for something more. So, I started this Blog for me. A place to sort out my thoughts, tell a few stories, and prepare for the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment