Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 is my new BFF.


So, I've decided - 2010 will be an amazing year for me and my family.  Why?  Because I say so - that's why.  I woke up on New Year's morning in my best friends' guest room bed with my husband and two sons after a crazy night of drinking and strip-poker (no, not really - we were all sleeping by 11 pm after some wings and cheese and crackers but anyway) and I couldn't help but wake up to that feeling of complete newness.  The kind of newness only January 1st, a new car or baby can bring.  2009, like for so many other people  - brought disappointment, fear and unanswered questions.  So many jobs lost, so much money spent, so many speeches and programs and hand-outs: my patience and tolerance was just about gone.  But then something happened just before Christmas.  Sure, it could be the Lexapro I'm now popping or the fact that the shortest day of the year has come and gone - but that switch that everyone talks about finally went off.  Off went the worry, off went the fear, off went the "what if's" and the "I should have's".  I'm done - so done.  The worry has done nothing besides deepen my frown lines and make my husband crazy.   Mark Twain once said "I've spent most of my life worrying about things that have never happened".  Me too, Mark!  So, I've personally decided to have a wonderful 2010 whatever may (or may not) happen.  Whether or not I finally lose those last 20 pounds, whether or not we can sell our condo this spring and move into a bigger place, whether or not the spring is too rainy, or the bail-outs continue - this year, I'm going with it. If the boys stay healthy & happy and Pete and I stay employed - everything else will seem like a bonus. That's my resolution.  2010 is my new BFF!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, and attitude, Mosie! Here's to a great year for us all.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete